Lava Flow Related Information
LAVA FLOW FAQS
- For daily eruption updates including the latest information on the currently active June 27th lava flow, please visit the U.S. Geological Survey Hawaii Volcano Observatory (HVO) at http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/
- The American Lung Association has issued a warning of health effects from smoke. Please visit their website for more information http://www.lung.org/associations/state/hawaii/ or read the September 8, 2014 Press Release.
- The State of Hawaii Department of Health advises residents downwind of the lava flow to take precautions against smoke. Please visit their website for more information http://health.hawaii.gov/or read the September 5, 2014 advisory.
- Alternate Route HWY 130 and Kahakai Blvd, Puna to Hilo. Open to the public December 20.
- Link to Alternate Route Scenarios
- Link to Pahoehoe Lava Flows in Lower Puna: What to Expect
- Link to FEMA Public Assistance Declaration
- Link to the State of Hawaii Department of Health Lava Smoke Map
UTILITIES AND COMMUNICATIONS
Residential Repair: 808-643-6111
Wireless Repair: 808-643-3456
Report downed utility line
Oceanic Time Warner Customer Service
Hilo Medical Center
National Weather Service
935-8555 Option 9
Hawaiʻi Island United Way
Link to Hawaiʻi Island United Way and information on donating items to relief effort.