2016-2018 HAWAI‘I COUNTY COUNCIL
MESSAGE FROM COUNCIL CHAIRWOMAN VALERIE T. POINDEXTER
Aloha E Komo Mai
Welcome to the Legislative Branch of Your County Government
On behalf of the Hawai‘i County Council, we welcome
you to the Hawai‘i County Council’s Legislative Branch website. The
Legislative Branch is made up of the
Office of the County Clerk, and the Office of the
Our website has been designed to help
citizens find legislative information, aid
participation in government, and improve transparency in
the legislative process. We hope you enjoy a positive experience while visiting or
utilizing our website.
Guide to the Council and County Clerk web pages:
- Legislative Branch: Council office locations and contact information around Hawai‘i island.
- Council Members and Districts: About the Council Members, their districts, and contact information.
- County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk: Meet the County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk.
- Office of the County Clerk: About the Office of the County Clerk.
- Live and Archived Committee and Council Meetings – Live : Watch the meetings live or from our Archives.
- Agendas and Actions: View the Agendas and Actions taken on items on the agenda at County Council meetings.
- Attend Meetings / Submit Testimony: About attending meetings and giving or submitting testimony.
- Government Access Programming: See broadcast dates and times the Council’s and Council Committees’ meetings air on Na Leo, Channel 55.
- Public Hearing: Link to the Council’s Public Hearing notices
- Council Calendar: See the County Council’s Calendar.
Access documents and records of the Council - Clerk’s office:
- Council Records: About the Council’s records.
- Hawai‘i County Code: Link to (unofficial) online version of the Hawai‘i County Code.
- Council Rules of Procedure: View the 2016-2018 County Council’s Rules of Procedure.
- Forms: Link to the County Clerk’s Forms page for Claim forms or Lobbyist Registration forms.
*In the 2008 General Election, a majority of Hawai‘i County’s voters approved Ordinance No. 08-81. As a result, the Office of the Legislative Auditor gained its independent status on December 1, 2008. For information on the Office of the Legislative Auditor, please go to its homepage: Office of the Legislative Auditor
Should you find something not working with this web page, please
send an email to: Council Web