DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
East Hawai`i: Aupuni Center, 101 Pauahi Street, Suite 6, Hilo, HI 96720
Phone/TTY: (808) 961-8311 | Fax: (808) 961-8411
West Hawai`i: West Hawai`i Civic Center, Building B, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Phone/TTY: (808) 323-4322 | Fax: (808) 323-4346
Questions for Camping or Pavilion Permits: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration | Aquatics | Cemetery Information | Culture and Education Division | Elderly Activities
Hawai`i County Band | Hilo Municipal Golf Course | Ho`olulu Complex | Pana`ewa Recreational Complex
Park Facilities | Parks Maintenance | Recreation | Veterans Advisory Committee | West Hawai`i Band
DIRECTOR: Clayton S. Honma
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: James M. Komata
DESCRIPTION: Provides administrative and organizational support services to all the divisions/sections and band to achieve the development and implementation of the department’s programs and services.
- (Isaac Hale, Kapa`a, Kohanaiki, Kolekole, Mahukona, Punalu`u, Spencer, Laupahoehoe, Miloli`i, Whittington)
- Camping at Ho`okena
- General Information, Map
- Rules and Regulations
- Proposed Adoption of New Rule 16-Rules Relating to Mauna Kea Recreation Area
- Notice of November 21, 2016, public hearing in Hilo Proposed Adoption of New Rule 16-Rules Relating to Mauna Kea Recreation Area
- Proposed Amendments to Rule 2 – Rules Relating to the Hilo Municipal Golf Course
- Notice of November 29, 2016, public hearing in Hilo regarding proposed amendments to Department of Parks and Recreation Rule 2-Rules Relating to the Hilo Municipal Golf Course
- 4-Year ADA Park Project Schedule
- Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Parks and Recreation Documents
- Release of Claims Memo To Participants, Certification and Forms
- 2016 Hilo Trap and Skeet Range Schedule
- Department of Parks and Recreation Receives $50,000 State Grant to Control Little Fire Ants
- Aquatics - Program Guides
- Culture and Education Division – East and West Classes
- Elderly Recreation Services – Senior Citizen Classes
- Recreation Division – Program Guides
2016 Aupuni Center Conference Room located at 101 Pauahi Street Concert Schedule
December 3, 2016, Saturday, 12:00 p.m.
Paul Arceo, Hawai`i County Band, (808) 961-8699
West Hawai`i County Band Hale Halawai in Kailua-Kona
December 9, 2016, Time 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Hawai`i County Band Office, Hawai`i County Band, (808) 961-8699
2017 Track & Field Program (Packet)
February 11, 2017 (Age Group Track & Field Meets) and February 25, 2017 (Exponent Track & Field Meets) at both East and West Hawai`i sites simultaneously.
The Konawaena High School Track Oval will be utilized for the West Hawai`i meets, while the site for the East Hawai`i meets will be at the Waiakea High School Ken Yamase Stadium.
The increase interest in track and field has necessitated the use of two sites.
Enclosed in each packet are:
1. Entry forms for girls and boys for the age group and exponent meets.
2. Exponent chart for exponent meet.
3. Waiver forms, which can be duplicated, for each participant.
Entry deadline for the Age Group Track Meet is January 27, 2017.
Entry deadline for the Exponent Track Meet is February 10, 2017.
All registrations after the deadline dates must register entrants on the day of the track meet. Please be sure to arrive at least 1 hour prior to the start of the meet.
For more information please call Darrell Yamamoto, Recreation Division, (808) 961-8735, (cell) (808) 938-2012, or email: Darrell.Yamamoto@hawaiicounty.gov.