DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
East Hawai`i: Aupuni Center, 101 Pauahi Street, Suite 6, Hilo, HI 96720
Phone/TTY: (808) 961-8311 | Fax: (808) 961-8411
West Hawai`i: West Hawai`i Civic Center, Building B, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Phone/TTY: (808) 323-4322 | Fax: (808) 323-4346
Questions for Camping or Pavilion Permits: email@example.com
Administration | Aquatics | Cemetery Information | Culture and Education Division | Elderly Activities
Hawai`i County Band | Hilo Municipal Golf Course | Ho`olulu Complex | Pana`ewa Recreational Complex
Park Facilities | Parks Maintenance | Recreation | Veterans Advisory Committee | West Hawai`i Band
DIRECTOR: Clayton S. Honma
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: Kenneth J. Van Bergen
DESCRIPTION: Provides administrative and organizational support services to all the divisions/sections and band to achieve the development and implementation of the department’s programs and services.
- (Isaac Hale, Kapa`a, Kohanaiki, Kolekole, Mahukona, Punalu`u, Spencer, Laupahoehoe, Miloli`i, Whittington)
- Camping at Ho`okena
- General Information, Map
- Rules and Regulations
- 4-Year ADA Park Project Schedule
- Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Parks and Recreation Documents
- Release of Claims Memo To Participants, Certification and Forms
- Ground Broken for 24-Acre Waimea District Park (November 16, 2015)
- Waimea District Park Groundbreaking Ceremony (Monday, November 16, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.)
- Hilo’s Kawananakoa Gymnasium Playground Reopened Following Repairs to Safety Surface (November 12, 2015)
- Pana‘ewa Rainforest Zoo and Gardens Closing Early November 12 for Little Fire Ant Control
- 35th Annual HI-PAL Winter Basketball Classic December 26-29 in Hilo (Packet)
- Hilo’s Carvalho Park, Pi‘ihonua Gym Closing September 28 for Repairs; Expected to Reopen in December
- Hilo Bayfront Beach Closing to Motorized Vehicles Starting Friday, September 25, 2015
- Blessing and Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Hilo Municipal Golf Course Improvement Project
- Groundbreaking and Blessing Ceremony Held August 12 for new Park Development in Ali‘i Kai Subdivision
- New Keiki Playground Opening August 17 at Mauna Kea Recreation Area
- New Pavilion to be Built at Hilo’s Onekahakaha Beach Park
- Kona Imin Center Closing August 3 for Improvements
- Laupāhoehoe Small Boat Harbor Access Driveway Closure
- Ground Broken for Hilo Bayfront Trails Project
- Mauna Kea Recreation Area Gets New Restrooms
- Construction Resumes On $22.3 Million Pāhoa District Park
- Department of Parks and Recreation Receives $50,000 State Grant to Control Little Fire Ants
- 2015 Maintenance-Closure Schedule for Select Hawai‘i County Parks
- Aquatics - Program Guides
- Culture and Education Division – East and West Classes
- Elderly Recreation Services – Senior Citizen Classes
- Recreation Division – Program Guides
- Recreation Division - Summer Fun Flyers
- Recreation Division - 2015 Winter Intersession Flyers
2015 Mo`oheau Park Concert Schedule
December 5, 2015, Saturday, 12:00 p.m.
Paul Arceo, Hawai`i County Band, (808) 961-8699
West Hawai`i County Band Hale Halawai in Kailua-Kona
December 11, 2015, Time 6:30 p.m.
Hawai`i County Band Office, Hawai`i County Band, (808) 961-8699
35th Annual HI-PAL Winter Basketball Classic December 26-29 in Hilo (Packet)
Entry fee is $80/team ($60 for 8 under)
Eligibility Affidavit Forms (rosters) must be received by November 27, 2015.
This is to confirm your team’s participation in the tournament. NO ROSTER! – NO PARTICIPATION!
No additions/changes to the roster will be allowed after November 27, 2015.
Entry fee checks should be made out to the “Director of Finance”.
Rosters and forms may be sent to (or dropped off at):
2015 HI-PAL/P&R Winter Basketball Classic
c/o Parks & Recreations
799 Pi`ilani Street
Hilo, HI 96720
Questions and further assistance can be obtained by contacting the East Hawai`i HI-PAL office at (808) 961-8121
2016 Track & Field Program (Packet)
January 30, 2016 (Exponent Track & Field Meets) and February 20, 2016 (Age Group Track & Field Meets) at both East and West Hawai`i sites simultaneously.
The Konawaena High School Track Oval will be utilized for the West Hawai`i meets, while the site for the East Hawai`i meets will be at the Kea`au High School Track Oval.
The increase interest in track and field has necessitated the use of two sites.
Enclosed in each packet are:
1. Entry forms for girls and boys for the exponent and age group meets.
2. Exponent chart for exponent meet.
3. Waiver forms, which can be duplicated, for each participant.
Entry deadline for the Exponent Track Meet is January 15, 2016.
Entry deadline for the Age Group Track Meet is February 12, 2016.
All registrations after the deadline dates must register entrants on the day of the track meet. Please be sure to arrive at least 1 hour prior to the start of the meet.
For more information please call Darrell Yamamoto, (808) 961-8735, (cell) (808) 938-2012, or email Darrell.Yamamoto@hawaiicounty.gov. All track forms are also available
on-line at www.hawaiicounty.gov/pr-recreation.