OFFICE OF THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
East Hawai‘i: Aupuni Center, 655 Kilauea Avenue, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-0466 | Fax (808) 961-8908
North Hawai‘i: Holomua Center, 64-1067 Mamalahoa Highway, Kamuela, HI 96743
(808) 887-3017 | Fax (808) 887-3016
West Hawai‘i: Kealakekua Business Plaza, 81-980 Haleki‘i Street, Suite #150, Kealakekua, HI 96750
(808) 322-2552 | Fax (808) 322-6584
PROSECUTING ATTORNEY: Mitch Roth
FIRST DEPUTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY: Dale Ross
DESCRIPTION: The Office of the Prosecuting Attorney is the legal agency responsible for prosecuting all violations of State and County laws, ordinances, rules, and/or regulations on behalf of the Big Island community as provided by Hawai‘i County Charter Article IX: Chapter 28; H.R.S. 28-1.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Office of the Prosecuting Attorney pursues justice with integrity and commitment.
- To strive for just disposition of criminal cases and to promote public safety and order through timely, efficient, and effective prosecution.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses of crimes are treated with respect, courtesy, and sensitivity in their cooperation with criminal prosecution.
- To improve the criminal justice system by identifying areas of need and working collaboratively with other criminal justice agencies and the community.
- To encourage and promote crime prevention and early intervention initiatives to improve the quality of life on the Big Island.
- To identify, promote and implement new and innovative approaches to solving crime problems.