RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT - INFORMATION RESOURCES
The Information Resources Program collects, maintains and disseminates statistical, reference, and program information to County and State agencies, and the general public.
Data and Statistics Assistance
For help finding data and statistics, please contact the Hawai‘i Business Resource Library
Telephone Number: (808) 875-5990
Email Address: Library@hisbdc.org
The Hawai‘i Business Resource Library compiles secondary or published research only. Primary research such as surveying and studies and interpretation of data such as trends and predictions are not in the scope of service provided.
- 2015 Hawai‘i County Data Book
- Office of Hawaiian Affairs 2015 Native Hawaiian Data Book
- Current County of Hawaii Monthly Economic Statistics
- DBEDT County Economic Conditions - 3rd Quarter 2016
- DBEDT Hawaii County Consumer Spending: 2014
- Local Economic Indicators as of December 2015
- County of Hawaii Statistics Archives www.hawaiicounty.gov/statistics
- State of Hawaii Data Book - The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT) publishes the official summary of statistics on the social economic and political organization of the State of Hawaii State Data Book
- Largest Employers in Hawaii County
- Hawaii County Employment Projections for Industries & Occupations 2012-2022 from the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations dated September 2015
- Residential Home Sales in Hawaii - Trends and Characteristics DBEDT Report Dated May 2016
- Real Property Tax Valuations Tax Rates and Exemptions
- DBEDT has compiled data from the U.S. Census 2013 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates by Hawaii Geographic Area
- State of Hawaii Department of Labor & Industrial Relations- 2015 Hawaii Labor Market Dynamics
- DBEDT provides economic trends data for each county. County Social, Business and Economic Trends in Hawaii 1990-2013 http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/economic/reports_studies/county_report/
- Statistics Brief for February 2015 from the Research & Economic Analysis Division of DBEDT presents esitmates of commuter adjusted daytime population, and related statistics for Hawaii County based on the 2009-2013 U.S. Census Bureau American Community Survey.
- The Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard tracks Hawaii’s progress on achieving its Aloha+ Challenge sustainability targets. The Aloha+ Challenge is a statewide commitment to achieve six interconnected sustainability targets by 2030 in: Clean Energy, Local Food Production, Natural Resource Management, Solid Waste Reduction, Smart Sustainable Communities and Green Workforce and Education.
Through the Hawaii Statwide GIS Program, DBEDT provides an interactive map of U.S. Census 2013 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates data by Census Tracts. Data includes: resident population, median household and family income, persons and families below poverty level, civilian unemployment rate, educational attainment, foreign born data, and median value of owner occupied housing units. Census Tract Data Map
DBEDT Reference Maps (Based on 2010 Census Geography). The DBEDT maps are a joint project between the Hawaii State Data Center and the DBEDT Office of Planning - Hawaii State GIS Program. These maps display census geographic boundaries and the geographic distribution of selected census data.
Agriculture Mapping Tool
The Ag Site Assessment Tool (AgSite) is designed by University of Missouri Extension as an educational tool that generates a report on the physical, cultural and environmental characteristics of a selected parcel of land and its surroundings.
This is a free and easy to use mapping program that generates a report with the following data layers: Soils, streams, wetlands and ponds, watersheds, floodplains, Karst geology, nearby communities, legal description, threatened and endangered species, and aerial photography.
- The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism produces projections for the State and counties of Hawaii Population and Economic Projections for The State of Hawaii to 2040
- First Hawaiian Bank provides economic forecasts for the state and each county.
- Read the most recent forecast for Hawaii County: Hawaii Island Edition 2015-2016. Find all forecasts at First Hawaiian Bank Economic Forecasts
- The Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions by Federal Reserve District, commonly known as the Beige Book, is published eight times per year. Each Federal Reserve Bank gathers anecdotal information on current economic conditions its District through reports from banks and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources. The Beige Book summarizes this inforatmion by District and sector.
U.S. Census County Business Patterns
Census Explorer Retail Edition: County Business Patterns includes statistics on retail trade in America, including the growing online market. Explore the number of business establishments, employment and average annual payroll for every county in the U.S. for retail as a whole, as well as online retailers, online auctions, and mail order businesses.
U.S. Cluster Mapping Project
The Region Dashboard provides data on the economic performance and cluster composition of the local economy. Hawaii County Region Dashboard
Source: U.S. Cluster Mapping (http://clustermapping.us), Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Business School. Copyright © 2014 President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Research funded in part by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration.