DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
East Hawai‘i: 25 Aupuni Street, Suite 1301, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-8366 | Fax: (808) 935-1205
West Hawai‘i: 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Bldg C, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
DIRECTOR: John De Fries
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: Donn S. Mende
DESCRIPTION: The mission of the department is to provide pro-active leadership, enhancing the quality of life, and sustainability of Hawai‘i Island communities through programs related to: agriculture, energy, tourism, economic development, community development, and film.
- Hawai‘i Statewide Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Update: The State Office of Planning is inviting public comment on the draft Hawai‘i Statewide CEDS.
- Kona Street Eatz West Hawai‘i Food Truck Program Application for September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2017 at the new Old Kona Airport location
- USDA Rural Business-Cooperative Service Informational Webinars. September is Rural Development Month at USDA. USDA’s Rural Business-Cooperative Service is holding a series of free informational webinars to share success stories and best practices on how customers and partner organizations have used RBS programs and resources to support businesses in rural and Tribal communities. See the flyer for details.
- New EPA Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program Phase I Solicitation released August 30, 2016. For complete information please go to https://www.epa.gov/sbir
- Hawai‘i Island Tourism Road Map, 2016
- Fiscal Year 2016-2017 R&D Economic Development Grant Awards
- 2015 Hawai‘i County Data Book
- Hawai‘i County Entrepreneurship Program
- West Hawai‘i Business Action Center Day
- Application for Access to eCivis Grants Network
- Research and Development Program Funding
- How to Start a Business in Hawai‘i County - a new resource guide to successful business development