DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
East Hawai‘i: 25 Aupuni Street, Suite 1301, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-8366 | Fax: (808) 935-1205
West Hawai‘i: 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Bldg C, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
DIRECTOR: Diane L. Ley
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: Ron Whitmore
DESCRIPTION: The mission of the department is to provide pro-active leadership, enhancing the quality of life, and sustainability of Hawai‘i Island communities through programs related to: agriculture, energy, tourism, economic development, community development, and film.
- 2016 - 2020 Hawai‘i County Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy, prepared by Hawai‘i Island Economic Development Board.
- Now accepting applications for the Second Cohort of the Hawai‘i County Entrepreneurship Program
- Hawai‘i Island Film Commissioner Featured in Hawaii Film and Video magazine.
- Kona Street Eatz West Hawai‘i Food Truck Program Application for September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2017 at the new Old Kona Airport location
- Hawai‘i Island Tourism Road Map, 2016
- Fiscal Year 2016-2017 R&D Economic Development Grant Awards
- 2015 Hawai‘i County Data Book
- West Hawai‘i Business Action Center Day
- Application for Access to eCivis Grants Network
- Research and Development Program Funding
- How to Start a Business in Hawai‘i County - a new resource guide to successful business development