Amendment to Mayor’s COVID-19 Emergency Rule No. 4
This rule amends Mayor’s Covid-19 Emergency Rule No. 4 related to County beach and shoreline parks. Section II. 7.d of Mayor’s Covid-19 Emergency Rule No. 4 is hereby rescinded and replaced as follows:
- All County of Hawaiʻi beach and shoreline parks, except Hakalau Beach Park and Kuhio Kalanianaʻole Park, are opened from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., subject to the following restrictions that seek to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- No group shall exceed ten (10) persons;
- All persons using opened beach and shoreline parks who are not members of the same household or living unit shall comply with State and County social distancing requirements, provided that a caregiver may accompany a dependent;
- All permits and reservations for use associated with these beach parks are canceled until further notice;
- All pavilions, playgrounds, sport courts and fields, indoor facilities and similar areas where gatherings may occur in these parks shall remain closed until further notice;
- Commercial activities are not allowed; and
- All other State or County restrictions related to COVID-19 must be followed, including but not limited to, applicable quarantine restrictions.
This section is subject to specific park closures as designated by the County of Hawaiʻi Department of Parks and Recreation and the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Land and Natural Resources.
This rule shall take effect immediately and shall continue through June 30, 2020, or until extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended by my subsequent order, or as otherwise provided by law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the County of Hawaiʻi to be affixed. Done this 19th day of May 2020 in Hilo, Hawaiʻi.
County of Hawaiʻi
Governor David Y. Ige