WarningLatest information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the County of Hawaiʻi Civil Defense Agency:

Replacing a Lost License While Out of State

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

You must mail a request for a duplicate license with the fee of $6.00 (money order or cashier’s check) made payable to “County Director of Finance”.

Your request must include:

  • Your name as it appears on your current driver’s license;
  • Your social security number or driver’s license number;
  • Your date of birth;
  • A phone number where you can be reached;
  • An address where you can receive mail;
  • Your signature as it appears on your license.
  • Processing may be delayed if any of the above information is missing.
  • Upon receipt of your request, a temporary duplicate license valid for 60 days will be mailed to you. Please allow 5 to 10 days for mailing. Individuals requesting a duplicate license while out of the country must provide a self addressed prepaid registered mail envelope for the return of your permanent license.

Your request may be mailed with fee to:

Department of Finance
Vehicle Registration & Licensing
Driver License Section
349 Kapiolani Street
Hilo, HI 96720