You must mail a request for a duplicate license with the fee of $6.00 (money order or cashier’s check) made payable to “County Director of Finance”.
Your request must include:
- Your name as it appears on your current driver’s license;
- Your social security number or driver’s license number;
- Your date of birth;
- A phone number where you can be reached;
- An address where you can receive mail;
- Your signature as it appears on your license.
- Processing may be delayed if any of the above information is missing.
- Upon receipt of your request, a temporary duplicate license valid for 60 days will be mailed to you. Please allow 5 to 10 days for mailing. Individuals requesting a duplicate license while out of the country must provide a self addressed prepaid registered mail envelope for the return of your permanent license.
Your request may be mailed to:
Department of Finance
Vehicle Registration & Licensing
Driver License Section
349 Kapiolani Street
Hilo, HI 96720