WarningLatest information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the County of Hawaiʻi Civil Defense Agency:

List of Acceptable Documents

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Documents presented for proof must be valid originals or certified copies. Photo copies or faxes are not acceptable proof. Documents presented must be in good condition. We do not accept documents that have been taped, is torn or have holes punched in them. We must be able to read pertinent information on document.

Acceptable Document List

Note:  If you use a post office box as your mailing address, bring in one document showing your post office box address and one with your residence address.

Please see a representative if you require further assistance with your documentation or email us at 

Acceptable Documents for Veteran Designation

Effective October 1, 2014

Note: Applicable to any person who served in any of the uniformed services of the United States and was discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.

Documents must be an original or certified copy. The Office of Veterans Services (OVS) provides a stamp marker with the initials of the OVS staff to certify copies of the DD Form 214.

  • DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty)
    The Defense Department issues to each veteran a DD-214, identifying the veteran’s condition of discharge - honorable, general, other than honorable, dishonorable or bad conduct. Before January 1, 1950, several similar forms were used by the military services, including the WD AGO 53, WD AGO55, WD AGO 53-55, NAVPERS 553, NAVMC 78PD, and the NAVCG 553.
    • WD AGO 53-55 (Enlisted Record and Report of Separation Honorable Discharge)
    • NAVPERS 553 (Notice of Separation from U.S. Naval Service)
    • NAVMC 78PD (U.S. Marine Corps Report of Separation)
    • NAVCG 553 (Notice of Separation from U.S. Coast Guard)
  • NGB Form 22 (National Guard Report of Separation from Active Duty)
  • Official Military Orders
  • Discharge Certificate
  • Military Retired Identification Card (DD Form 2, Retired)
  • Verification letter issued by the Veterans Administration
  • Verification letter issued by the Office of Veterans Services
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)