WarningLatest information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the County of Hawaiʻi Civil Defense Agency:

Junking A Vehicle

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

You may junk a vehicle, which you no longer want regardless of whether the registration is current or expired. Please note that once a vehicle is junked, it cannot be registered again.

To junk your vehicle, you must:

  • Complete the Junked Certificate at the time of your visit.

If you have the tan certificate of ownership:

  • The registered owners must date and sign line 1. The lienholder must date and sign line 2.

If you have the blue certificate of title:

  • The registered owners must complete Section A on the front of the title.
  • The lienholder must complete Section B of the reverse side of the title.
  • Complete the odometer reading in the spaces provided.

Submit the properly completed Junked Certificate, properly endorsed certificate of ownership or title, the last issued certificate of registration and the vehicle license plates to the county motor vehicle registration office nearest you.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer