You may junk a vehicle, which you no longer want regardless of whether the registration is current or expired. Please note that once a vehicle is junked, it cannot be registered again.
To junk your vehicle, you must:
- Complete the Junked Certificate at the time of your visit.
If you have the tan certificate of ownership:
- The registered owners must date and sign line 1. The lienholder must date and sign line 2.
If you have the blue certificate of title:
- The registered owners must complete Section A on the front of the title.
- The lienholder must complete Section B of the reverse side of the title.
- Complete the odometer reading in the spaces provided.
Submit the properly completed Junked Certificate, properly endorsed certificate of ownership or title, the last issued certificate of registration and the vehicle license plates to the county motor vehicle registration office nearest you.