Your vehicle must be registered in the county in which it is being driven. The following lists the requirements to change your vehicle registration from the counties of Maui, Kauai, or Honolulu to the County of Hawaii:
- Complete an Application for Registration form. The registered owners as indicated on the certificate of registration must sign the application.
- Submit the other county’s certificate of registration.
- Submit the other county’s certificate of title if you are listed as the lienholder.
- Safety check inspection form completed in this County or,
- Shipping documents with vehicle information
Registration personnel, if required, will determine the fee.
We are unable to register or renew registration for a vehicle that is not being operated in this County and is being operated in another County of the State of Hawaii.