Welcome to the Vehicle Registration & licensing Division's appointment page.
Operations will be modified to ensure the safety of both customers and employees. Face coverings must be worn and customers must adhere to the recommended 6 foot social distancing. Only those customers receiving services will be allowed inside the lobby and minors or those needing additional assistance may have one additional person accompany them, if needed.
In anticipation of higher demand upon the initial reopening, the Vehicle Registration & Licensing offices will be limiting transactions to the following:
- Driver's License Transactions
- Renewal of driver's license (including CDL) and State IDs that are either expired or will be expiring within the next 30 days;
- Initial driver's licenses (Out of State Transfers-expired or will be expiring within the next 30 days.), permits (expired or will be expiring within the next 30 days, written tests) and state identification (expired or will be expiring within the next 30 days, initial);
- Replacement of lost driver's license, permit or state identification.
- Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Ownership transfers
- Initial registrations
- Duplicate titles and registrations
- Replacement license plates and emblems
Please book an appointment if you fall within these categories only. If you do not fall within one of these categories, your appointment will be cancelled. We will offer appointments for all other transactions at a later date.
At this time we ask that no appointments be made for vehicle registration renewals so that we may concentrate on those vehicles that need to be registered and are currently operating without a valid registration or license plates.
Vehicle Registration renewals may be completed using the following methods:
- Online Registration Renewals
- Registration Renewal Kiosks located at:
- Mail in and Drop box located at:
- Vehicle Registration & Licensing
101 Pauahi Street, Suite 5
Hilo, Hawaiʻi 96720
Auto Dealers and fleet registration will only be able to use the drop-off and pick-up services.
We will offer vehicle registration renewals, auto dealers and fleet registration by appointment at a later date.
Due to ongoing health concerns, no road tests are being scheduled at this time. The Waimea Vehicle Registration & Licensing office will remain closed.