HOUSING ADMINISTRATOR: Neil S. Gyotoku
NEIL S. GYOTOKU is a graduate of Honokaʻa High School and received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management from the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa. He has been in government service for over 35 years.
- Began his career at the Office of Housing and Community Development and started the Section 8 Housing Assistance Payments Program;
- Served as the Logistics and Supply Officer at the Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Agency;
- Served as the Area Manager for the State of Hawaiʻi Hawaiʻi Housing Authority;
- Worked in the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Human Services; and
- Served as the Plans and Operations Officer at the Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Agency.
ASSISTANT HOUSING ADMINISTRATOR: Duane T. Hosaka
DUANE T. HOSAKA is a graduate of Aiea High School and received a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa. He moved to the Big Island in 1985 and was Operations Manager for Liberty House. He joined the County of Hawaiʻi in 1997 with the Department of Parks and Recreation, before transferring to Civil Defense in 2006, serving in various supervisory and administrative positions. Mr. Hosaka now looks forward to bringing his years of administrative and supervisory experience to the staff and projects at the Office of Housing and Community Development.
PRIVATE SECRETARY: Amy M. Bautista
AMY M. BAUTISTA is a graduate of Waianae High School and moved to Hilo in 2007. Ms. Bautista began her 15+ year career in the legal field at Kobayashi Sugita & Goda (on Oahu) as a receptionist and advanced her career, up to Legal Secretary. Upon moving to Hilo, she held the position of Legal Assistant to Senior Partner at the Law Firm of Crudele & De Lima, before joining the County of Hawaiʻi in 2015 with the Office of Corporation Counsel as a Legal Clerk III. She then was promoted to a Legal Technician I before departing the Office of Corporation Counsel to join the Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD) in December 2016. Amy is humbled at the opportunity to serve in this position and is excited to be a part of the many positive things happening in the OHCD