WarningLatest information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the County of Hawaiʻi Civil Defense Agency:

Victim Witness Program

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Witness Information

  • You received a subpoena because your testimony will help the court determine if someone committed a crime. Even if you did not see the crime, your testimony about other related information may be important. Calling in may save you an unnecessary trip.
  • Victim Witnesses: Our office provides support and assistance to crime victims through the Victim Assistance Program (see below).
  • Everything you wanted to know about Testifying

Victim Assistance Unit

Domestic Violence

Specialized deputies are responsible for the screening, issuing, negotiating and prosecution of domestic violence cases and alleged violations of restraining orders.

The Prosecutor’s office only investigates domestic violence incidents that have been reported to the police department. If you have been a victim of domestic violence and the police has arrested someone, it is important for you to speak with a counselor in our office as early as possible.

Child Abuse

If you suspect a child is being harmed:

  • Call Child Welfare Services: 1-800-494-3991
  • Call police 911 (emergency) or (808) 933-3511 (non-emergency)
  • Call the Victim Assistance Program
    • East Hawai‘i: (808) 934-3306
    • West Hawai‘i: (808) 322-2552
  • Report abuse at the child’s school (school counselor, teacher, principal, or nurse)

Child abuse is a community problem that requires a community solution. The Prosecutor’s office belongs to a multidisciplinary team that addresses child abuse.

Member agencies:

Sexual Assault

Identity Theft

Identity thieves seek to obtain personal information about you so they can use your financial identity. They look for your social security number, birth information, credit card numbers, and other data to take your identity. Victims are often not aware that there is a problem until they receive bills for unauthorized purchases.

If you suspect that someone has stolen your identity, you should file a police report and contact credit and bank fraud agencies as described below.

Make a police report over the phone
Call the non-emergency number for the police, (808) 935-3311, to report your suspicion.

Alert the credit-reporting agency fraud units
Contact the fraud units of the three major credit-reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your accounts.

P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
(800) 252-6285

P.O. Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013
(888) 397-3742

Fraud Victim Assistance Division
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834-6790
(800) 680-7289

Contact your bank and creditors
Cancel any account that is the subject of the fraud or identity theft.

File a complaint with the FTC
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a hotline that provides valuable information. The FTC does not prosecute identify theft cases. You can find the FTC online or call toll free (877) ID-THEFT.