- January 22, 2020 - Residential Smoke Detector Bulletin
- November 26, 2019 - Building Permit Applicant Checklist
- August 15, 2019 - IECC 2015 Notice and Compliance Forms
- May 13, 2019 - Update on 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) and 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- April 5, 2019 - Declaration of Compliance relating to AG structures (Instructions pages updated)
- October 1, 2018 - Continuous Footing Detail at solid rock - UPDATED
- July 12, 2018 - Added links to State of Hawaii’s UIPA Form - Request to Access a Government Record on Permit Information page
- May 29, 2018 - Approved Light Fixtures for Class II Applications (Under Review)
- April 2, 2018 - R-3 (One & Two-Family) Braced Wall Requirements
- March 16, 2018 - Building Code Update Public Hearing
- January 23, 2018 - Chapter 5 Building Code Supp. 3 (1-2018) posted
- January 11, 2018 - Form: Building Permit Request for Transfer
- December 19, 2017 - Approved Light Fixtures for Class II Applications (Under review)
- June 9, 2017 - Photovoltaic Roof Mounted System Guidelines - UPDATED
- June 9, 2017 - New Building Division Procedure: R-3 (One & Two-family home) minimum footing depth.
Continuous Footing Detail at solid rock (See Sept 5, 2018 Update)
- June 1, 2017 - Please submit all Electrical, Plumbing, Solar Water Heater and PV permit applications directly to the Building Division for processing.
- April 18, 2017 - HCC § 5-19.1(a)(18) Exception from Building Permit Requirements Further Explained
- February 8, 2017 - Building Division’s webpages redesigned and reorganized.
- November 16, 2016 - Fireblocking in Concealed Spaces of Combustible Assemblies
Files for download: Fireblocking Bulletin | Fireblocking update for suppliers | Fireblocking update for builders
Building Code Updates and Information
R-3 (One & Two-Family) Braced Wall Requirements
- 2018-0603 - Consistent application of prescriptive braced wall requirements.
- 2018-0604 - New prescriptive bracing solution for open air lanais and/or carports with shed roofs.
- 2018-0605 - Adoption of Chapter 6 from the 2007 Supplement to the 2006 International Residential Code.
Approved Light Fixtures for Class II Applications - Under review
Photovoltaic (PV) Energy Systems Bulletins
- PV 060817 regarding:
- PV Electrical Review- List of design requirements that are most easily overlooked in the design phase.
- PV2012-01 regarding:
- Iron Ridge Mounting Systems and mounting attachments: Unirac & Solar Mount
- Grace Solar Grasol roof mounting standard aluminum (6005-T5) rail
- PV 2012-05 regarding:
- Zilla Dual Grip Rail System and the Zilla Phantom system
- SunEarth SolarStrut mounting system 3/8 & 5/16 bolts
- ProStrut Aluminum Channel Rail mounting system
- HatiCon Solar Rail ST-AK 13/60 mounting system
- PV 2014 regarding:
- The SnapNrack PV Mounting System
- QIMS-E 336116
- Vivint Mounting System
Residential Smoke Detectors
January 22, 2020 Informational Bulletin dated 12-1-2019