The Hawai‘i Island Film Office supports the local film industry; promotes and markets Hawai`i Island worldwide as a film destination; and seeks to build strong and effective relationships with business, government, academic, and community groups to advance program goals and objectives.
Justin Finestone, Film Commissioner, Telephone (808) 323-4705
- Location Information
- Hawai‘i Island is the largest and most diverse of all the Hawaiian islands featuring 11 of the world’s 13 climate zones. The island offers landscapes that can double for locations all around the world.
- Generous Incentives
- The State of Hawai‘i offers a 25% tax credit to qualified productions on Hawai‘i Island. That is 5% more than offered on Oahu. The tax credit includes ATL, VFX and post production costs.
- Seasoned Crew, Modern Facilities
- Hawai‘i Island’s veteran crew and production service companies will help you deliver on time, on budget and with Aloha.
- Permits and Coordination
- Assist productions with all aspects of permitting and insurance requirements. Liaison with other film offices, government agencies and community organizations.
Creative Lab Hawai‘i - Indigenous Storytellers Program
The Creative Lab Hawai‘i Weekend Ideation Program for Indigenous Storytellers is a free program that will support participants in understanding the best pathway for telling their stories. Participants will be immersed in in-depth practices involving research, and exploration of potential markets for their materials. Deadline to apply is Thursday, October 31, 2019. To apply and for more information, go to Creative Lab Hawai‘i website.
Film Office Resources
Film Office Social Media
- Hawai'i Island Film on Facebook
- @Film_Hawaii on Twitter
- @hawaiiislandfilm on Instagram
- Hawai'i Island Film on LinkedIn