The Hawai‘i Island Film Office supports the local film industry; promotes and markets Hawai`i Island worldwide as a film destination; and seeks to build strong and effective relationships with business, government, academic, and community groups to advance program goals and objectives.
Justin Finestone, Film Commissioner, Telephone (808) 323-4705
- Location Information
- Hawai‘i Island is the largest and most diverse of all the Hawaiian islands featuring 11 of the world’s 13 climate zones. The island offers landscapes that can double for locations all around the world
- Generous Incentives
- The State of Hawai‘i offers a 25% tax credit to qualified productions on Hawai‘i Island. That is 5% more than offered on Oahu. The tax credit includes ATL, VFX and post production costs.
- Seasoned Crew, Modern Facilities
- Hawai‘i Island’s veteran crew and production service companies will help you deliver on time, on budget and with Aloha. Facilities include a state-of-the-art studio and private high-speed fiber.
- Permits and Coordination
- Assist productions with all aspects of permitting and insurance requirements. Liaison with other film offices, government agencies and community organizations.
Film Office Resources
Film Office Social Media
- Hawai'i Island Film on Facebook
- @Film_Hawaii on Twitter
- @hawaiiislandfilm on Instagram
- Hawai'i Island Film on LinkedIn