Hilo Preservation Grant Program. Through a partnership with preservation funders, Historic Hawai‘i Foundation has established a new grant program to support preservation and beautification project in historic Downtown Hilo on Hawai‘i Island. The overall goal is to support projects that improve the appearance and longevity of Hilo’s historic waterfront and downtown area. The inaugural grant cycle opens on June 1, 2019 and grant applications are due August 5, 2019. For more information and to apply for the grant, visit Historic Hawai‘i Foundation.
Miscellaneous Grant Search Resources
- Rural Assistance Center - Free and comprehensive funding database
- Association of Public Television Stations Grant Center - Grant search and writing resources
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works - Grants search and writing resources
This alternative to grants, loans, and venture capital is growing in popularity. If you are curious on how to get the most from your crowdfunding campaign, take a look at this three minute animated video narrated by Slava Rubin, founder and CEO of Indiegogo.
- The Hawai‘i Island Food Producers Fund is a new peer-to-peer online lending program for Hawai‘i Island farmers and Hawai‘i Island food processors utilizing at least one Hawai‘i Island-grown ingredient. This microloan program established by The Kohala Center uses the Kiva Zip platform. For more information please visit The Kohala Center’s Kiva Zip Loan.
- The WealthWorks “Guide to Crowdfunding for WealthWorks Value Chains” describes the types of projects best suited for crowdfunding, offers tips on types of crowdfunding income, and includes a list of crowdfunding platforms.
- Wefficiency is a crowdfunding site launched on May 22, 2014, by the Blue Planet Foundation. Wefficiency enables nonprofits to install energy-efficient equipment that will lower their electricity bills. Contributors may donate or lend money through the site.
- Foundation Funding Research from the Foundation Center
- Chronicle of Philanthropy - America’s Top Donors
- Federal Spending Research
Nonprofit Organization Resources
- Hawai‘i Attorney General’s Tax and Charities Division
- Hawai‘i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO)
- Interactive Knowledge for Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide (IKnow)
- Internal Revenue Service
- Independent Sector