The Information Resources Program collects, maintains and disseminates statistical, reference, and program information to County and State agencies, and the general public.
Beth Dykstra, Economic Development Specialist, Telephone (808) 961-8035
Marcia Yoshiyama, Economic Development Technician, Telephone (808) 8085
County and State Data
- New: Census Bureau Quick Facts Hawai‘i County and State of Hawai‘i
- New: Resident Population, By Census Designated Places (CDPs) and District, Hawai‘i County: 2000, 2010 and 2016
- 2015 Hawai‘i County Data Book
- County of Hawaii Monthly Economic Statistics
- Hawai‘i County Historic Monthly Data compiled by DBEDT
- 2018 State Data Book
- DBEDT Tourism Dashboard by Island - Monthly visitor statistics
- DBEDT County Social, Business and Economic Trends In Hawaii, 1990-2017
- 2011-2015 5-Year Estimates by Census Tracts and Legislative District
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s 2018 Small Business Profile for the State of Hawaii
- Hawai‘i Statewide GIS Program: Hawai‘i County Data
- DBEDT Hawaii County Consumer Spending: 2014
- County of Hawai‘i Statistic Archives
- Largest Employers in Hawai‘i County
- Hawai‘i County Employment Projections for Industries & Occupations 2014-2024
- Residential Homes Sales in Hawaii - Trends and Characteristics - DBEDT Report Dated May 2016
- Real Property Tax Valuations Tax Rates and Exemptions
- State of Hawai‘i Department of Labor & Indusrial Relations- 2016 Hawai‘i Labor Market Dynamics
- DBEDT provides economic trends data for each county. County Social, Business and Economic Trends in Hawaii 1990-2016
- Commuter Adjusted Daytime Population in Hawai‘i County from the Research & Economic Analysis Division of DBEDT
- The Aloha + Challenge Dashboard tracks Hawaii’s progress on achieving its Aloha+ Challenge sustainability targets. The Aloha+ Challenge is a statewide commitment to achieve six interconnected sustainability targets by 2030 in: Clean Energy, Local Food Production, Natural Resource Management, Solid Waste Reduction, Smart Sustainable Communities, and Green Workforce and Education.
- Hawai‘i Health Information Corporation - Hawai‘i’s Healthcare Data Center
- Hawai‘i State Archives Digital Collections
Hawai‘i County ACS 2016 Demographics Data by Census Block
Through the Hawai‘i Statwide GIS Program, DBEDT provides an interactive map of U.S. Census 2013 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates data by Census Tracts. Data includes: resident population, median household and family income, persons and families below poverty level, civilian unemployment rate, educational attainment, foreign born data, and median value of owner occupied housing units.
DBEDT Reference Maps (Based on 2010 Census Geography). The DBEDT maps are a joint project between the Hawaii State Data Center and the DBEDT Office of Planning - Hawaii State GIS Program. These maps display census geographic boundaries and the geographic distribution of selected census data.
Agriculture Mapping Tool
The Ag Site Assessment Tool (AgSite) is designed by University of Missouri Extension as an educational tool that generates a report on the physical, cultural and environmental characteristics of a selected parcel of land and its surroundings. This is a free and easy to use mapping program that generates a report with the following data layers: Soils, streams, wetlands and ponds, watersheds, floodplains, Karst geology, nearby communities, legal description, threatened and endangered species, and aerial photography.
- The Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism produces projections for the State and counties of Hawai‘i Population and Economic Projections for The State of Hawaii to 2045.
- 2045 Series Appendix Tables (Spreadsheet)
- First Hawaiian Bank provides economic forecasts for the state and each county. Read the most recent forecast for Hawaii County: Hawaii Island Edition 2015-2016. Find all forecasts at First Hawaiian Bank Economic Forecasts
- The Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions by Federal Reserve District, commonly known as the Beige Book, is published eight times per year. Each Federal Reserve Bank gathers anecdotal information on current economic conditions its District through reports from banks and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources. The Beige Book summarizes this information by District and sector.
U.S. Census County Business Patterns
Census Explorer Retail Edition: County Business Patterns includes statistics on retail trade in America, including the growing online market. Explore the number of business establishments, employment and average annual payroll for every county in the U.S. for retail as a whole, as well as online retailers, online auctions, and mail order businesses.
U.S. Cluster Mapping Project
The Region Dashboard provides data on the economic performance and cluster composition of the local economy. Hawaii County Region Dashboard
Source: U.S. Cluster Mapping (http://clustermapping.us), Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Business School. Copyright © 2014 President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Research funded in part by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration.