Message from Council Chairman Aaron Chung
Aloha E Komo Mai
Welcome to the Legislative Branch of your County Government
On behalf of the Hawai‘i County Council, we welcome you to the Hawai‘i County Council’s Legislative Branch website. The Legislative Branch is made up of the County Council, Office of the County Clerk, and the Office of the Legislative Auditor.
Our website has been designed to help citizens find legislative information, aid participation in government, and improve transparency in the legislative process. We hope you enjoy a positive experience while visiting or utilizing our website.
Guide to the Council and County Clerk
- Legislative Branch: Council office locations and contact information around Hawai‘i island.
- Council Members and Districts: About the Council Members, their districts, and contact information.
- County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk: Meet the County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk.
- Office of the County Clerk: About the Office of the County Clerk.
- Live and Archived Committee and Council Meetings – Live : Watch the meetings live or from our Archives.
- Agendas and Actions: View the Agendas and Actions taken on items on the agenda at County Council meetings.
- Attend Meetings / Submit Testimony: About attending meetings and giving or submitting testimony.
- Council Calendar: See the County Council’s Calendar.
Access Documents and Records
- Council Records: County Council Public Record of Bills, Ordinances, Minutes, Resolutions, etc.
- Hawai‘i County Code: Link to (unofficial) online version of the Hawai‘i County Code.
- Council Rules of Procedure: View the 2018-2020 County Council’s Rules of Procedure.
- Forms: Link to the County Clerk’s Forms page for Claim forms or Lobbyist Registration forms.
In the 2008 General Election, a majority of Hawai‘i County’s voters approved Ordinance No. 08-81. As a result, the Office of the Legislative Auditor gained its independent status on December 1, 2008.